11:48 AM

(0) Comments

Pulp Captions Round 14 Results

Mister Nizz

CAPTION CONTEST 14

Good old ARGOSY! 7 July 34 issue yielded this nugget...



David Fox - "Rodger MacGowan tries out the models for the EMPIRE OF THE SUN boxcover. Sadly, for most of them it was a one-shot gig." *** THIRD PLACE ***


Jason Schmidt - "Only 1 billion, 389 million, 272 thousand, seven hundred and thirteen to go!" *** FIRST PLACE ***


"Crack PETA agent Nick Humane enacts bloody vengeance for tainted Chinese gluten in America's dog food supply."


Bill Ramsay - "Teaches you for bringing a knife to a gun fight"


Gary Christiansen - "Bill Ramsay does his impression of Indiana Jones."


"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? *BLAM!* Oops. I guess you're not lucky punk."


"You'd think these Monks would tell us what they were mad about before they attack gun wielding westerners with swords."


Mike Reed - "NEXT!" *** SECOND PLACE ***


Taylor just kept blasting away...He remembered the old saying, 'With 6, you get Eggroll'...and he hadn't eaten for a week.


Karen Spurny - "For the last time, I don't want your Amway products!"


Peter Card - "Daisy reloaded while Jimmy plugged away at the black-robed horde. He had never felt more alive, and with each shot a hot surge of triumph coursed through him. Without turning he sang out to his soulmate "Tell me why! Tell me why! I hate monks Daise"