10:17 AM

(0) Comments

DIPLO 2: "Ministry of Silly Walks" Pre Game Setup



DIPLO: Ministry Sets Up



Setting up our Second Diplomacy Game here, I am naming this game "The Ministry of Silly Walks" or "Ministry" for short.

Rather than try a cobbled together PBM dice server approach to selecting countries, or that "Diplo Country Chooser" thing I did in Cyberboard, I decided to take the absurdly simple approach.

Here are the players, all of whom have confirmed there interest in playing. Emails obscured.

JAMES SPURNY US/TX
jspurny@xxx

KLAUS KNECHTSKERN GE
klaus@xxx

MIKE REED US/IL
reedmt5@xxx

ANDY TURLINGTON US/MD
andrewturlington@xxx

RICH LOW US/VA
rjlow11@xxx

IAN SCHOFIELD CA/SK
exrex@xxx

DENNIS LARGESSE US/MD
besilarius@xxx

Filling Classic Diplomacy positions:

ENGLAND
RUSSIA
FRANCE
GERMANY
ITALY
AUSTRIA/HUNGARY
TURKEY

Method:
I simply wrote down E,R,F,G,I,A/H, and T on a piece of paper, and chits with player's initials, and randomly drew them out of a cup in the order presented above. This process yielded THIS

RESULT:

ENGLAND - Andy Turlington
RUSSIA - Dennis Largesse
FRANCE - Ian Schofield
GERMANY - Mike Reed (not a repeat position)
ITALY - James Spurny (not a repeat position)
AUSTRIA/HUNGARY - Rich Low
TURKEY - Klaus Knechtskern


Now, if everyone trusts that this was done in a relatively random and honest manner,
THESE ARE OUR COUNTRY ASSIGNMENTS.

You may attempt to broker a swap if you like, before the first turn. But only if both parties agree via email and I am CC'd to the transaction at
hotspur@xxx. (you know how to reach me, players)

If you don't like my random method, please say so now, and I'll try to cobble something together using a PBM dice server or cyberboard. Thanks!

We will aim for a turn a week. I will be flexible on Real Life issues, including my own, up to a point. Diplomacy will transpire during that week. Diplomacy must transpire over email. I will promulgate an address for Diplomacy emails to be CC'd to-- I don't want the hotspur mailbox to fill up. Once the moves have been made and ajudicated, I will post results and news on this blog, so that the map image can be viewed by all. I will copy to Consimworld as well, as many players have accounts there, in the "So a guy walks into a bar, see" blog.



Thanks for your interest, and let's have a good game.


GAME STATUS: PRE-GAME COUNTRY SELECTION
MAP STATUS: PER GRAPHIC

Future Graphics will be generated by RealPolitik

NEWS: None