10:55 PM

(2) Comments

It's an Archie McPhee Christmas

God Bless Us, Every One!



Just like last year and most years, I am working the stocking stuffer "little presents" approach for my kids. They have a pretty warped sense of humor, the little tykes. Lord knows where they get it from. So I have to put a little thought into the kinds of things that will appeal to them.

One again, my favorite source of supply is the fantabulous purveyor of weird things on the West Coast, ARCHIE MCPHEE of Seattle, Washington. I assure you, they are very much worth a browse on their ONLINE CATALOGUE, this time of year. You will be inspired.

For starters, a little sweet...

For both kids, a little reminder that home is where the heart is.. an anatomical gummy heart. Mmmmmm yummy, kids!

Item 116644

Ponder the moral implications of cannibalism as you chomp on this thick and chewy gummy heart. Each 4" tall, 90 gram hunk of gummy candy is realistically detailed to look just like the vital organ that is beating in your chest right now!

For Anne: Seven deadly sins Wristbands..

Those rubber bracelets are all the rage at the moment, why not convey a message of salvation?

Item M6133

It started with yellow wristbands before moving on to every color of the rainbow and every cause under the sun. That's great for positive, constructive people, but what about the cynics and smart alecks? Where are their wristbands? Each of theses Seven deadly sins Wristbands celebrates a human weakness. Whether you enjoy gluttony, greed or plain old lust, just slip on one of these rubber wristbands and show off your fatal flaw. Fits most adult wrists

And Gar, the little carnivore, will enjoy MEAT LOVERS wristbands, I can tell..

Item M1647

I personally liked the new Carnival Freak Show action play set... I may pick up a few of these, ostensibly for the kids...





Last year I got Anne a Barista action figure, this year I think she needs an Albino Bowler.



And Gar got a Blackbeard the Pirate figure last year, so I think getting him CARL JUNG is absolutely neccesary this year.



He's also on a pirate kick, and so he NEEDS a what would a pirate do? spinning folder...



Finally, Annie has a spiritual side, and I often remind her that if he she doesn't study hard in school, she will need to learn how to say "You want fries with that?" So what better present than SAINT MARTHA: PATRON SAINT OF WAITERS AND WAITRESSES?



As for me, Mcphee let me down last year and ran out of Mexican Wrestling masks (the perfect spice for the bedroom, of course!) so I'm ordering two sets..



Another fine Mcphee Christmas!!!