9:23 AM

(0) Comments

Last Stand at Mortain

bullet rocket

Not exactly a micro..



I received LAST STAND AT MORTAIN over the weekend, from Against the Odds magazine. I was under the impression it would be a micro-sized game. It's actually smaller (and cheaper) than a micro, it's a POSTCARD GAME, similar to postcards from the revolution or my own postcard game, POSEIDON'S POSTCARDS.

The graphics are the standard top notch effort.. the post card represents the critical action of the battle of Mortain in 1944 (I believe). I like the mechanics-- they utilize playing cards and are fairly easy to pick up.

My only issue with the game (and it's very minor) was that the ink from the post office registration mark obscured the counters a bit. Other than that this is a great concept. The designer, the ever-productive Paul Rohrbagh, has three more in the pipeline.

Check it out, don't cost nothing...