6:55 AM

(0) Comments

Not very satisfied with Babelfish web translator

Mister Nizz


Since Mr. Nizz is so cosmopolitan (see the global audience? Look in the left hand column, about midway down), I thought it would be nice to have a web-translator installed here from Systran, or really their more popular incarnation, AltaVista Babelfish.

This thing sucks! I have only managed to get it to translate this page in Japanese, Korean and Chinese, and then only if you have the special character sets installed.

VERY DISAPPOINTING!



And they don't answer emails when you email tech support, either!

They are not getting the Web-Geekery award of the week from me, that'll show em!
I realize, you're probably saying "Hmmmph... he's taking an awfully high-handed tone for something that's available for FREE!" and you're absolutely correct. But if you advertise a solution, even a free solution, you really should stick by it.

Mind you, I like seeing this website in Kanji so much I'll keep it around for a while.. :-D