11:10 AM

(0) Comments

HMGS EAST ELECTION RESULTS!!!

A New Sense of Optimism

I think we've broken through the malaise here..

Election Results were OFFICIALLY announced today. This is a quote from James Curtis, Head of the Elections Committee.

To all HMGS East Members,

First and foremost, I want to thank the election committee (Don Manser,
John
Snead
, Mitch Osborne) for their assistance in running the election. Second, I
also want to thank all the candidates who tossed their hats into the ring to
volunteer time and effort in running our organization over the next two years.

With that said: Please join me in congratulating
Heather Blush, John Drye,
Dudley Garidel, & Mike Pierce
as our newest elected Board of Directors.

I am happy to present the election results as follows:

CANDIDATE
VOTE COUNT

HEATHER BLUSH
214

JOHN DRYE
249

DUDLEY GARIDEL
219

JAMES MATTES
140

DAN McDONAGH
188

MIKE PIERCE
245

WRITE IN CANDIDATES

FRANK PREZIOSA
38

GEOFF GRAFF
4

MIKE HILLSGROVE
3

OTHERS WITH 2 VOTES
2

OTHERS WITH 1 VOTE
24


The referendum results are as follow:

REFERENDUM VOTE
COUNT

ONE
YES 243

NO 98

TWO
YES 254

NO 88

THREE
YES 229

NO 113
I wish to extend my thanks and congratulations to the candidates SIMPLY for the act of standing up to be counted, and that means ALL of them, even those that did not win. Your dedication and willingness to actually do something is recognized by the rest of us. And to the winners, Bon Chance. I think you are all a good, convivial mix and we expect good things from you.