12:03 PM

(1) Comments

Notice, when you feel happy

Mister Nizz

Kurt Vonnegut, farewell

"I've given up on (writing another fiction work) ... It won't happen. ... The Army kept me on because I could type, so I was typing other people's discharges and stuff. And my feeling was, 'Please, I've done everything I was supposed to do. Can I go home now?' That's what I feel right now. I've written books. Lots of them. Please, I've done everything I'm supposed to do. Can I go home now?" -- Kurt Vonnegut, 2006.

Kurt Vonnegut passed away last night, from complications arising from a nasty fall that gave him irreversible brain damage. If you want particulars,
see HERE. To say that I'm saddened just doesn't cut it. However, I sense that Vonnegut may have seen the end of the course and didn't want to fight it any more. Goodbye, Kurt. I will miss you. I loved your stories and essays over the years. I appreciated your views on politics, humanism, and current events. You can go home now.

For those of us left here, read the stories,
http://www.vonnegut.com/
http://www.vonnegutweb.com/