9:57 AM

(3) Comments

Making my own Food

Mister Nizz

bullet rocket

Tomatoes and Squash and Cucumbers



I'm sampling some salsa made from MOSTLY items from the new vegetable garden at the moment-- celantro, tomato, cucumber (all grown by yours truly) with some store bought red onion, vinegar, spices and garlic. It's delicious.

I know I come off as easily amused here, but this is the first year I've tried a vegetable garden and I'm greatly amused by the results. We're getting tomatoes coming in hand over fist. This is probably due to the incredibly wet summer we had in June, combined with steamy hot weather now.

There's something primally cool about making a dish with your own vegetables. It ain't exactly a return to pioneer times, but there's somethng about it that makes it taste better.