3:43 PM

(0) Comments

Technology Upgrade!

Mister Nizz

Connectivity Again!



Since my previous Gateway laptop turned into a brick (gradually) I picked up a new laptop last night, the Compaq Presario V2000Z. It's a lovely little machine, small, ergonomic and very light. It does exactly what I want out of a laptop at about half the footprint of the other one I had.

Audrey had to turn in her school laptop over the summer, and as she is in school now, she really needs one. So SHE had to get one. She insists on the HP dv5000z series laptop, because she's "so used to the way the mouse is set up she couldn't work with any other one", Thing is, the HP costs about 300 dollars more, and I'll be danged if I can figure out the why and the how of it.

In any event, I can now use SKYPE again, record audio files and what not. I'm pleased.