10:59 AM

(0) Comments

Recent Purchases

Mister Nizz

bullet rocket

I'm in an East Front Kind of Mood today



Trench Warfare, World War I, vol. 1

Russian Civil War (2) White Armies

Russian Army 1914-1918

Austro Hungarian Forces in World War I vol. 2

John Kuprowski and I are working on the grand Russo-Polish War (1922) project. John (obviously, considering his last name) is handling the Poles and I am in charge of the Revolutionary russkis. In support of my efforts to put together an army, I've been buying some source material lately. I found the four titles above in the local Borders.

Of the group, the White Russian army book is a great read (this is the second time I have purchased this title) but not much use except as a painting guide for Cossacks. The Russian Army 1914-1918 is probably the most useful source for this project, and the Austrian book is going to be useful when I decide to make the Czech Legion at some point.

Sometimes I regret buying Osprey titles, but not this time. There's a nugget in every title. If I can dredge up my copy of Russian Civil War (1) RED armies and the new book they are putting out about Red Armor during the RCW, I think I'll have all I need for the Russian side.

BTW, the rules we are working with are RED ACTIONS! a free wargame rule set published by "The Perfect Captain", a nameless volunteer who has put out tons of free, professional quality rule sets for anyone to download (actually, it's really charity-ware.. he encourages you to donate to the charity of your choice). Red Actions! isn't perfect, but it will provide the perfect framework for a low unit density, simple game system, which is what we are looking for.



Click on the button to visit the RED ACTIOS! page