10:38 PM

(2) Comments

Believe me, I can do the math.

Mister Nizz

bullet rocket

My Grand Self-Delusion


Blombo ga yoink yoink

Deep in the heart of man lies the impulse for self-delusion.. we all like to think we are intelligent animals but there's a part of us that wants the magic to happen. So itis with me when Mary (administrative person for our office) wanders by my cubbie once a week to tell me about the riches to be had by playing the power ball this week. I tell myself, "this is a tax on the poor, dumbass." I tell myself.. "You have as much chance of winning this thing as you do of walking on the moon".. and yet, there I go again.. forking over a dollar every now and then. Mary tells me... "won't it be great when we all win and submit our resignations!"


Yeah, right.

But.. isn't there a glimmer there, where for.. just a second... I have a micro-second 's worth of fantasy, where a few million dollars might come in handy.... and maybe pigs will fly, too. Isn't a micro-second worth a buck every now and then?