11:31 AM

(2) Comments

DIPLOMACY: The strange sad story of Fall 1904

Mister Nizz


Due to Austria's disappearance from the game, all of a sudden (his LIKELY reason: having too much fun playing Civilization IV to have time to send orders*), we've had one screwed up turn for Fall of 1904.

The first iteration (due two weeks ago) didn't happen because the players complained about the deadline being too close to a holiday. So I moved it.

The second iteration (due last friday) failed because I now had a corrupted JDIP file.

This was fixed and sent out on Sunday, late, due to a backup being sent to me via Italy (Mike Reed). This had some errors in it, due to me having to check back several weeks to figure out who sent what and when.

Inadvertently, there were some errors. Germany entered a provence incorrectly, which didn't process. I put in the orders from a previous turn for Austria, who seems to have disappeared.

Backing out the Austrian moves (to give him a NMR) creates a changed map. Now we have a situation where Austria and/or Italy can retreat to Constantinople. If I don't hear from Austria within 24 hours, I'm giving the retreat to Mike (Italy) as I've not heard from Austria for a while and he's not really playing the game.

Current Status

I've got the builds from Russia, and will process tonight.

I just want to get us to Spring of 05. And maybe find a replacement for Austria.

* Note-- my thoughts on the reason for Austria's disappearance are entirely a product of conjecture, and not meant to personally insult. I'm a little frustrated, is all...