12:33 PM

(0) Comments

New Avalanche Press Flyer

Mister Nizz

This just in, a new AP flyer, the standard full court press. For some reason I'm getting them sent to me at work.

I've already mentioned how much I admire their low-cost (for wargames these days) entry level wargame series, elsewhere. They have another 19.99 game and a slightly higher one at 29.99 entitled Red Vengeance (the Destruction of Nazi Germany) and Red God of War (Operation Mars 1942). These appear to have the same or similar mechanics to Defiant Russia.








I can't applaud AP enough for creating wargames that don't cost an arm and a leg, but I do hope they consider designing low cost games set in eras other than World War II at some point, as this period holds only a marginal interest for me.

The big item that made my eyes glaze over and my tongue coat was the announcement of the release of JUTLAND, a single campaign in the Great War at Sea series. Considering how this battle was (IIRC) already covered in previous installments in the GWAS line, I wonder if the scale (or something) is radically changed for this outing. In any event, it will be a while before I get it, as the price point is pretty high at 69.99. Unlike some naval warfare afficienados, I think it will be worth the price.

>