10:10 AM

(0) Comments

Motorcycle Classes start tonight

Mister Nizz


Since I list my interests as being: "Gaming, Old Horror and Exploitation flicks, and Motorcycles" (among many other things), I thought it might be time to address the long neglected two-wheeled element of this blog. I own a Harley Sportster, 1200 cc, a good mid-range bike with a very solid feel. I don't get to ride it much.. mostly it's a scheduling, dad/parent thing that conspires to keep me off the open road.

With the costs of gasoline hovering around the 3 dollar a gallon level, all of a sudden a cheap, economical ride is becoming attractive again. I have absolutely NO interest on commuting to work on the Harley, especially with Winter coming on, but it certainly would be a great option for situations like riding over to the library, or to the store, or small errands.

Being quite rusty, I've decided to take the NOVA CC motorcycle safety course. It doesn't hurt to bone up on these things for safety's sake. Add to that the insurance company becomes just slightly more reasonable when you show them your certificate of completion.

So that's what I'm going to be doing for the next two nights and all of Saturday...

Students must provide the following protective clothing:
(1) Helmet: 3/4 or Full face (minimum DOT rating)
(2) Eye protection (glasses, goggles or face shield)
(3) Long sleeve shirt and/or jacket
(4) Gloves (full-fingered . . . preferably leather)
(5) Sturdy pants (denim jeans or better)
(6) Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear

HERE is the course handbook.