10:45 AM

(0) Comments

Christmas Cthulhu Songfest

Mister Nizz

, , ,

Everyone sing along!



It's beginning to look a lot like fish-men




Lyrics

It's beginning to look a lot like fish-men
Everywhere I go;
From the minute I got to town
And started to look around
I thought these ill-bred people's gillslits showed.
I'm beginning to hear a lot of fish-men
Right outside my door,
As I try to escape in fright
To the moonlit Innsmouth night
I can hear some more.

They speak with guttural croaks and to hear them provokes
A profound desire to flee
Their eyes never blink and quite frankly they stink
Like a carcass washed up from the sea.

I wish I'd paid attention to that crazy drunken man.
He tried to warn me all about old Marsh's Deep One clan.

It's beginning to look a lot like Fish-men
Everywhere I go;
They can dynamite Devil Reef,
but that'll bring no relief,
Y'ha N'thlei is deeper than they know.
I'll continue to see a lot of fish-men
That I guarantee.
For the fish-man I really fear
is the one who's in the mirror
And he looks like me.
He looks just like me.




Download the MP3 here

Now, just the ladies...

The Great Old Ones are coming to town


Lyrics

You'd better watch out; you'd better go hide.
An Elder Sign is needed for this Yuletide.
Great Old Ones are coming to town.

They're making a fist and shaking it twice.
They're going to hit you naughty or nice.
Great Old Ones are coming to town.

They're bringing ugly shoggoths, And horrid Deep Ones too.
Shub Niggurath is waking up,
And so is Cthulhu.

So you'd better watch out, you'd better go 'way,
Before the big guy comes up from R'lyeh.
Great Old Ones are coming town.


Download the MP3...

Now, just the dudes!

I'll have a blue Solstice without you...



LYRICS

II'll have a blue solstice, Cthulhu.
I'll be so blue thinking what you'll do.
Sacrifices of red on the blue open sea
Won't mean a thing until you're here with me.

Until your blue nightmares awke me,
And all my blue angels forsake me,
You'll be down in your tomb, in cyclopean gloom
And I'll have a blue, blue blue blue solstice.

(spoken) Oh Cthulhu, baby, c'mon up out of that tomb.
I can't stop thinking about your huge flabby claws,
them little wings of yours, that grotesque scaly body,
and them big ol' tentacles wrapped around me.
Oh darlin', I can't go on without you.

You'll be down in your tomb in cyclopean gloom
And I'll have a blue, blue blue blue solstice.




Download the MP3...

Disclaimer: Lyrics copyright the HP Lovecraft Historical Society, Music by respective copyright holders. Please check out the VERY SCARY SOLSTICE CD on Lovecraftiana, where you will find many more songs of this disturbing ilk.

Illustration by DrChrissy