11:10 PM

(4) Comments

The Big Rubout game... continued

A surprising wealth of information



Getting back to the game we are contemplating making out of buttons. I'm developing a serious liking for the Gangster theme. I thought there would be trouble finding imagery and information sufficient to generate 80 buttons (the first game will be limited to that). Boy was I wrong. An hours' idle googling has already generated about thirty names and that's just the New York Crime Families alone. Counting Chicago and the Great Midwest Crime spree, we might have enough for 200 buttons, and that's not an exaggeration. I've been using Serif Draw to make the button proofs and it's working out reasonably well. I had to distort a few images to make the crime boss pictures work out as a shape fill, but it's really not all that bad.

Button Picture Exports from Serif

That's Lucky Luciano on the top right, and Albert Annastasio (in younger days) on the bottom right.