10:35 AM

(0) Comments

You would think this would be easy to find...

Mister Nizz

, ,

bullet rocket

Luck of the Irish



I've had a compelling desire to (one day) put together a band of Leprachaun figures, armed with an assortment of weapons (including a two leprechaun "jingal team" firing a human sized pistol). I can think of several games I would want leprechauns in, the most noteworthy being the Le Grand Cirque game.

I figured that in a marketplace that is routinely swamped by elves, dwarves, zombies and ghouls, a few of the wee people should be easy to find. Alas, it isn't the case.

VERY FEW manufacturers actually make purpose built leprechauns. I have found exactly two. The first is Reaper Miniatures. Here they are:


Image Copyright Reaper Miniatures


Just a wee bit too pastoral for my purposes, I think. I found one more, the Talsman figure from GW's old Talisman game.


Click to expand. Image Copyright Games Workshop and Stuff of Legends Inc.


More dynamic, but not quite the brawler I was thinking of.

I was despairing of ever getting my leprechaun squads done, when lo and behold a new idea was suggested by a TMP member. Try the Lord of the Rings Scouring of the Shire hbobbits. I took a look, and sure enough we might have something here.

In particular, the "Shirrif Hobbits" look almost like Leprechauns in their own right. Check it out:



Images copyright Games Workshop Inc.


My great good friend Mr. Hairy Haggis has stepped forward to assist in the conversions for the betterment of the hobby. Such folk are minor saints, bejabbers!!!