9:51 AM

(1) Comments

MEN OF COMPANY B at the Game Parlour

Mister Nizz

bullet rocket

Huh? We won?



One of the fastsest TNGG get togethers in recent history last night...

The Game: MEN OF COMPANY B, by the Rules for the Common Man gang (the same folks who put out AK47 and Square Bashing). I like RFCM games quite a bit and make a point to show up when Nigel is hauling out on of his RFCM games. The last time I played Company B was about 3 years ago (and it might be on a blog somewhere, come to think of it). I believe I was on the dealing-out end of a can of whup-ass, and I recall the game involved some T-55s.

Nigel had the templates set up and it appeared to be about 20 to 30 minutes in when I showed up. I divvied up command with Steve Gibson and took three squads of air mobile infantry and headed for a small hamlet. Our objective was HEARTS AND MINDS, which can be a bit of a bore. I moved on a hamlet cautiously, in order to get off the first shot in case something nasty was there. Instead, I found sacks of rice. So, some partial success.

Steve got into a small firefight across the way and waxed some VC. I think he had a BIGASS BODY COUNT mission, because spent time collecting the bodies. I told Steve to search the hamlet while I was off getting some Zap-a-Gap glue and when I got back, the game was over and Nigel was packing up. That was fast.

So, early to home where I painted up another 54mm gladiator, notably THIS one: