10:06 AM

(0) Comments

Gladiators in a tin can

Mister Nizz

, ,

bullet rocket

Clever


The trend in games I've been following lately is to reduce the huge logistical "tail" games like Le Grand Cirque and Balloonacy require so that I can show up with (hopefully) just one or two boxes and get right to playing.

IanH has taken this idea to a whole new level, and I applaud his ingenuity. He has created a gladiator game that comes in a biscuit tin decorated like an old Roman arena.



This really is a wonderful idea. Check out his website for the specific details. This is an idea good enough to steal! I found (at some point) a paper template for an arena that would work with a larger biscuit tin. I'll keep an eye out for them at Christmas time.

IanH's idea is good for 6 to 8 25mm gladiators at once. I actually have a ton of old Museum Miniatures 15mm gladiators that would benefit from a scale reduction of sorts. In general, the concept applies to the smaller scale.

For more details, read the original article on IANH's gaming website.