10:20 AM

(0) Comments

Recent events have made Ark-Building a hot job prospect

Mister Nizz



Well I was up waaay too late last night with a nice little buzz

Après le déluge


Historic Rainfaills...Holy CRAP has it been raining in Northern Va. and DC lately. I heard on the radio this morning that the level of rainfall is in the "historic" category. I shudder to think what this will do to our already saturated flood plain. On the train ride home last night we passed by Four Mile Run... it was a torrent. The pipes from ground water runoff literally had water shooting out of them at the horizontal for three feet, the water was coming on so fast. Fortunately we live fairly close to a big ocean (which is more or less down hill) so most of the problem will alleviate soon, if the damned rain would just stop.I snapped these later on on the same train ride. That's the Lake Acotink Spillway there.

Lake Acotink Spillway

You can't see it well here, but the picnic tables are about to be swallowed up.

Lake Acotink Spillway

At least my tomato plants are growing, and I've had a great excuse for NOT mowing the lawn these past five days running!