10:35 AM

(0) Comments

Just in

Mister Nizz

bullet rocket

Elves of Ravenwood


ELVES OF RAVENWOOD STARTER DECK from Thought Hammer

My Thought Hammer box arrived today, containing the follow up to BATTLEGROUND: FANTSY WARFARE. I bought the Elves of Ravenwood and the Supplemental troops pack.

BFW logo

The Elves have all the scut troops you'd expect, notably Spearmen and Archers and some Forest Masters (the kind you make your basic hoard with). I was surprised that Elvish bowmen, which are generally regarded as being pretty skillfull in most fantasy literature, are about on par with Orcs (as opposed to human Longbowmen, who outrange them). Elves have some mid level giant class units, basically Ents and Centaur Cavalry. They also feature wolf and bear packs, and "wolf brethren" if I remember it correctly (essentially, berserkers).

The Elves have some interesting command and magic cards, stuff like "being guided by forest sprites" and such. The Elf army is unique enough to be different from all the others but is closest to the Humans in terms of general makeup and abilities. I'm pleased.

I'm NOT very pleased at the low level of support from YOUPLAY Games. There's not a thing about the elves on the YouPlay B:FW website at this time. I only even heard that the Elves were coming out through Joe and Tom on the Dice Tower.

B:FW is a fantastic, revolutionary system that I suspect will be copied soon. Lots of fun bundled into a small package-- I can't recommend it highly enough. Next installment: the Dwarves.