4:34 PM

(0) Comments

Redmond Simonsen passes away

Mister Nizz

RedSimonsen
RedSimonsen,
originally uploaded by HOTSPUR.
I was greatly saddened to learn of the passing of Redmond A. Simonsen, SPI Hall of Famer and noted Art Director.

"Redmond had been battling severe heart conditions over the past few years.
Redmond left us on Tuesday, March 8. He is now at peace."

Attribution: Consimworld Press

Red was a class act, and a major contributor to my delinquenthood growing up.. he had a hand in MANY of the great old games that I played as a younker.

I never met the guy in person, but did know him peripherally via the old GTE online bulletin board wargame section, where he would drop in from time to time and chat (without any sneering or condescension for us younger guys). Another genuinely nice guy.

I owe many lost hours to this man, via Sniper, BattleFleet Mars, Universe, and many an other SPI boardgame or RPG product. Thank you for what you did, Red.